Monday 16 May 2011

New Upcoming Lego Star Wars Sets

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the soon to come Lego Star Wars 2011 summer sets before they come out!
7956: Ewok Attack:

I quite like this set. The minifigures are really cool, the Scout Trooper is great for making ARF Trooper customs for Clone Wars. The Ewoks, Logray and Tokkat both look exceptionally well done and I can't wait to get this set for those two! I like speeder bikes so the speeder will be a good addition. Not too keen on the tree/catapault but i'll reserve judgement on that until the set comes out. Right now I rate this set 7/10 but that could change!

7957 Sith Nightspeeder:

This is a must have for a Lego Clone Wars collector like me! All the three minifigures are new (two are re-designed) and both the re-designed ones look so much better now! I really like the new Anakin torso, I really like it over the previous Lego Anakins. Asajj Ventress I also like as it is more accurate to its CW counterpart unlike the other Ventress figure to its CW counterpart. The last figure is one of the best (In my opinion) that Lego has ever produced! Savage Opress! The new horn piece really suits him, the neck armour is great and he has the two weapons he used against Jedi which is even better. Not too keen on a bad speeder. Right now I rate this set at 9/10 but that could change!

7959 Geonosian Starfighter:

This is a very good set for lots of reasons! Firstly, the Geonosian Starfighter is much more accurate and better looking than the 2002 version with the gap in the middle the obvious part! The minifigures are great, it's a cheaper way to get Cody as the only other set he is in is very expensive. It's also the first set to include Ki-Adi Mundi and the Geonosian Pilot. Ki-Adi Mundi looks pretty weird with that two head piece but I don't care as it's accurate. The Geonosian Pilot has superb detail and is very accurate and I can't wait to get it. Right now I rate this set at 9/10 but that could change!

7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator


This in my opinion is a very good set but nothing really over exciting about this one. The figures are by far the best part of this set! Padme is good but could have been much better (Especially with a face piece that actually looks like Padme), Panaka is a very good figure and I really like the hat piece, not too happy about the expression as he looks like a little kid about to cry. Qui-Gon Jinn is a decent figure, probably the best Qui-Gon to be made yet and a decent figure but far and away the best of this set is Darth Maul! Great new horn piece and a creepy face for a creepy character! The Sith Infiltrator actually looks good in my opinion! (For once). Right now I rate this set at 8/10 but that could change!

7962 Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers


This set is absolutely amazing!!! The figures are excellently detailed (Watto and Sebulba with their perfect re-designs and Anakin with his two face piece). Wald is a pretty good figure as well to go with Anakin. Watto is excellent and my favourite in this set, Sebulba is also good to have and Obi-Wan just really looks stupid. The Podracers are great as well and they feature two of the rare technic pices (One on each Podracer). They've really caught the shape and structure of both Podracers very well! Right now I rate this set at 9/10 but that could change!

7964 Republic Frigate:


YAHOO!!!!!! By miles and miles this is my favourite set of this year, not just this Summer! It contains four new minifigures and one rather rare minifigure (Though I already have Yoda). Quinlan Vos, mhmm not special but the body print is superb and the hair piece suits well, Eeth Koth is also a nice figure, the face is really well done as well as the horn piece. But my favourites are the two new Clones, a Clone Wolfpack Trooper which has excellent detail alongside his Commander, Wolffe! The Wolffe figure looks absolutely superb and the markings and detail are absolutely spot on! (Now hopefully he has a cybernetic eye too!). The Republic Frigate is great and beatifully captured by Lego in the shape and length. The engines and cannons are very awesome as well. Already I feel no harm in giving it a 10/10 score!

7965 Millennium Falcon:


*Yawns* I know it's been seven years since they made a Millennium Falcon but surely that length of time means they can make it totally different from the '04' version?! Appartently not if your Lego as this is almost a complete re-hash of the '04' version. Now if it contained Nien Nunb or Lando Calrissian or both of those, it would have been much better! Even so, the new Leia, Luke and Han Solo figures aren't enough to save what could have been a worthwhile score, to a abysmal score which is very rare of Lego, so the score i'm going to give it is 4/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment