Saturday 21 May 2011

2011 Clone Wars Figures Wave 1

Ok, so this is my thoughts on the first Clone Wars wave of 2011 (Except for R7-A7 as I don't collect Astromechs).

Cad Bane (With Todo 360): I have to admit this one quality figure! I was initially unsure about picking this one up because I alreay had the other version of Bane, but eventually I decided to pick up this new version and I was shocked how much better this version was! The new sculpt is fantastic and every part is much more accurate to how he looks in the TV series. The helmet sculpt is fantastic, I really like the knee atriculation. My only gripe is the fact that the gun is unsteady in Bane's right hand. Todo 360 is an interesting addition. Unfortunately he isn't that well done and his only articulation is in his head which is easily removable but other than that, it is a pretty poor addition. I'm going to give this figure a 9/10 rating! It would be 10 but for the fact that Todo was poorly executed.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Season 3): I was pleasantly surprised to see Hasbro release this figure already, but like with the new Bane, I was initially unsure about picking up this one! I feel slightly embarrased that I didn't pick this up before because it truly is a great figure! What the first CW Obi-Wan had in stiffness and an awkward looking figure, this one totally improved on! It is an easy to figure to move around and I much prefer it over the old version. Apart from the lack of ankle articulation, this is a perfect figure! I'm going to also give this figure a 9/10 rating! If just it had ankle articulation, it would have reached that 10.

Domino Squad Cadet Hevy: Originally this was the only figure from this wave that I was interested it and going to get, However upon getting it, Cad Bane and Obi-Wan, I must say I am extremely disappointed by this figure. His movement in his knees, elbows and legs are stiff. He has no ankle articulation. The only good movement is his shoulders where he can move them fine. He can't EVEN grip his Z-6 rotary cannon!!! And we know that Hevy never uses any other gun but the rotary. The only good things about this figure really are 1. THe attention to detail, with the positioning of the "1" all over his armour and that thing on his left leg and 2. The newer, younger, Clone head sculpt used on Hevy. I'm going to give this figure a rating of 6 as it really is missing a lot of key things for a Clone figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment