Monday 23 May 2011

New Upcoming 2011 Waves 4+5 Figures

Ok, so here are pictures and my early thoughts on some of the figures from these waves!


CW53 Plo Koon (Cold Weather Gear): This is a pretty nice figure! This Plo Koon is a better version of the Clone Wars Plo Koon figures before him. He is based on the Clone Wars comic: "In Service Of The Republic". His legs aren't as spread out as the 2008 Plo Koon and has better articulation. The sculpting on this figure is pretty nice. He comes with his blue lightsaber. Right now I give this figure a 7/10 but that could change!


CW54 Saesee Tiin: Not at all what I expected but he is still a definite buy! The sculpting on him is top notch and he looks really good. My gripes are that he has a blue lightsaber in this picture but he really uses a green lightsaber and not a blue one. Saesee Tiin debuted in The Clone Wars episode "Witches Of The Mist". My other gripe is the big, bulky green thing on his back, which, due to it's size, makes it stand out more than the figure which isn't good. It is interesting but not unexpected for me that they are including a Clone helmet on his face which mimics the 2003 Clone Wars. Right now I rate this figure at 7/10 but that could change! (Especially when we see his face).



CW55 Savage Opress (Shirtless): This is a great figure and a good way to introduce Savage Opress to the Clone Wars line! The sculpting and articulation on this figure is excellent, the sculpting's brilliance is evident in the chest design. The axe (Enchanted Blade) is also really well sculpted and looks lethal! The expression on his face is really good as well and not a boring expression. The skirt is an interesting design. Savage Opress had this look in the Clone Wars episode "Monster". Right now I rate this figure at 8/10 but that could change!



CW56 ARF Trooper (Kamino): This is a great addition to the Clone army or your collection of ARF Troopers! He isn't a hard figure to make which is probably why Hasbro chose to make him, also that Hasbro like their Clones. His speederboard is a re-paint of the one in the CW36 Quinlan Vos figure. He comes with a DC-15 blaster rifle. The markings on his helmet are well detailed by Hasbro and the sculpting on his arms are good as well. Right now I rate this figure at 8/10 but that could change!



CW57 Stealth Ops Clone Trooper: By far my favourite and in my opinion, the best figure out of these two waves! I really like that he has that breathing mask around his chest like the Clone Space Trooper did and the Space Trooper is one of my favourite figures! The colour, detail and sculpting on this one is great. This Clone comes with a DC-15 blaster rifle. His helmet is a re-paint of the helmet of the Special Ops Clone Trooper which makes for a quality figure! He also comes with a sort of twin jet-pack thing on his back. Right now I rate this figure at 9/10 but that could change!



CW60 Kit Fisto (Cold Weather Gear): This is like Plo Koon, a pretty neat cold weather version of a Jedi. Also, like Plo, this outfit for Kit Fisto appeared in the Clone Wars comic: "In Service Of The Republic". I like the colours on this figure. I feel purple makes for an interesting colour on Kit Fisto. He comes with his green lightsaber. Right now I rate this figure at 7/10 but that could change!



CW61 Seripas: Seripas makes a great and most interesting figure! I am delighted that Hasbro have answered all the collectors hopes for this figure by making the helmet of the suit come up to reveal Seripas underneath! Seripas, like Todo 360 doesn't have a lot of articulation, which is fine by me as i'm happy to get Seripas at all. The suit is amazingly designed and sculpted by Hasbro and this will be a big seller for Clone Wars collectors! Right now, I rate this figure at 8/10 but my thoughts could change!



CW62 Captain Rex (Jet Pack): The worst Clone Wars figure to ever be made by Hasbro! Why there are so many gripes that I must highlight all of them! (Rant Coming): We don't need another Rex (Except Phase 2 one), We don't need Rex in Stone sculpt, We don't like Rex getting the incorrect blasters, We don't like an EVEN less accurate helmet and for f*** sake, it does NOT need an oversized jetpack that stands out more than the figure! (Rant Over) The only good thing about this figure, is the soft goods skirt around his hip. Hasbro you really need to learn from this! But by creating a needless figure and SOMEHOW, making this figure worse than the previous versions, this figure is no better than 2/10, which is my rating for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment