Monday 16 May 2011

2011 Clone Wars March+April Waves

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the March and April waves before I get them! (Couple of pictures for each figure)
CW 44: Ahsoka

This Ahsoka figure is by far one of the best figures I have ever seen! I much prefer her new outfit to her old one and to see Hasbro make it so quickly is great. This new Ahsoka figure comes with two lightsabers, her normal one and the new one, shoto. It also comes with two spare lightsaber hilts. I can't wait to pick this up to go with my season 3 Obi-Wan figure. Right now I rate this figure at 9/10 but my thoughts can change!

CW 45: Anakin Skywalker

This Anakin figure is pretty decent, not great, I feel the sculpt on the face and the neck paint is poor and could have been better but other than that it is a very good Anakin figure! I'm really happy that Hasbro included a robotic arm and you can take his arm off to put the robotic/droid arm on which is very nice. The robes look great as well, but it does look like this Anakin figure can't hold the lightsaber that well. Right now I rate this figure at 7/10 but my thoughts can change!

CW 46 Aqua Droid:

After initially being unsure about whether I would really like this figure, I have to say it's really growing on me! It's excellent to have a new Droid that isn't your typical Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid or even Commando Droid. It's very big for a figure but i'm fine with that as it has lots of articulation and is sculpted brilliantly. The red eye, considering it is small it is very well done, and the fact that you can take the gun on the right arm off the droid is an interesting feature as are the fins on it's feet. Right now I rate this figure at 8/10 but my thoughts can change!

CW 47 El-Les:


I have to say but, out of either of these two waves this will be the one figure I won't definitly pick up. While I believe Hasbro have done a great job on the sculpt, especially the head, i'm just tired of collecting Bounty Hunters at the moment and the fact that he was way too compassionate for a Bounty Hunter doesn't spark my interest. The weapons he comes with are pretty decent but unless I have a spare bit of cash (Doubtful) and all the figures I need (More Doubtful) then he won't join my collection. Right now I rate this figure at 5/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW 48 Commander Wolffe
This could in my opinion, be the best Clone figure made so far! It's great to see Hasbro make a cybernetic eye for him and it makes him stand out among other Clones. The detail on the helmet is spot on and the helmet is removable which is even better. The detail all over the body is great as well and this will be my first purchase from this wave when I spot it (Hopefully).  Comes with four weapons, two DC-17 pistols, a DC-15 blaster and a rocket launcher for busting clankers! Right now I rate this figure at 9/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW 49 Riot Control Clone Trooper:

This is a Clone which means it is a must have for me (And i've already ordered it). The moment I saw these troopers appear in "Duchess Of Mandalore" I knew they would get made for sure! They are a great addition for a Clone army and would look great alongside Commander Fox and the Coruscant Guard figures. This figure comes with a shield and a stun baton for stopping riot's in the sreets of Coruscant and a DC-15 blaster in case he gets attacked. Right now I rate this figure at 8/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW 50 Barriss Offee:


To be honest I don't really like this figure. It's a Jedi and i'll pick it up but I really don't like the articulation and that sort as there is almost none in this figure. Aside from that the sculpt is great, especially on the chest and face. The Brain Worms and egg are an interesting addition as well to try and re-create the "Brain Invaders" fight with Ahsoka. Right now I rate this figure at 6/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW 51 Eeth Koth:


This figure, along with Barriss Offee is not of my favourite Jedi figures. Other than that, it's not that bad a figure. It's a Zabrak in Jedi robes and I like the Jedi robes. Eeth Koth looks like a pretty good figure and has decent articulation. All he comes with (Apart from himself) is his green lightsaber used in the episode "Grievous Intrigue". Right now I rate this figure at 7/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW 52 ARC Commander Colt:


I love ARC Troopers and I love Clones so this will be a great addition for me! It's great to see Hasbro re-doing Colt so soon after they put the concept art version in the ARC Troopers battle pack. The detail is now spot on and the it looks much MUCH better compared to the concept art version. Colt comes with two DC-17 pistols and a rocket launcher. Right now I rate this figure at 7/10 but my thoughts could change!

No comments:

Post a Comment