Wednesday 4 May 2011

New Upcoming Clone Wars Battle Packs

Here are some new pictures and my opinions of each battle pack below: Plus my opinion on Hasbro dropping from 4 to 3 figures in battle packs!

Assault On Geonosis: Not a bad set for collectors or new people to Hasbro collecting. The dirt on Obi-Wan is well designed by Hasbro and if it wasn't for the fact it is the same old Obi-Wan that is so stiff it's annoying, I might have gotten interested in that figure. Both the ARF Trooper and Geonosian Warriors are great for anyone who likes to troop build armys. The colour and detail on both the Geonosian Warrior and ARF Trooper are excellent and very episode to the episode this is based on "Landing At Point Rain". I will definitly add this one to my collection but will probably give away the Obi-Wan soon afterwards.


Cad Bane's Escape: A battle pack which includes three of my favourite characters in the Clone Wars and it will also be added to the collection when it is released. I never got the Space Ahsoka so that and the fact that they fixed the colour of the old version to make it screen accurate makes me very excited for this Ahsoka. I likewise am excited for this Cad Bane as he is in Clone Trooper Denal's armour and the helmet can be used on the other Denal figure. The Space Anakin is not a figure I am thrilled to see and the moment I get this I will give that Anakin to one of my friends.


Defend Kamino: The only one of this latest wave that I believe all Hasbro Clone Wars collectors should pick up. It may feature all 3 re-paints but these are still awesome characters at that for adding to the Clone army. I love ARC Troopers so the yellow ARC Named "ARC Trooper Blitz" on the card, is a welcome addition to join my ARC Troopers from the ARC battle pack. Echo and Fives are two of my favourite Clones and that they have removable helmets is great as well. This pack will definitly be in my collection someday.


The Hunt For Grievous: The only battle pack out of this wave I will definitly not get. I don't need yet another Captain Rex, I want Grievous with Attack Cycle figure/vehicle pack. I will wait till Tunghori on Ebay gets Kix up so I can get him loose without wasting money on 2 figures I don't need.

Thoughts on less figures: I honestly don't really mind as long as the price goes down now due to the battle packs having 1 less figure. Truthfully for this wave if there were 4 figures in each they wouldn't be great, it would  more than likely have some poor other figures like "Assault On Geonosis:Ahsoka or Anakin.", "Cad Bane's Escape: Captain Rex", "Defend Kamino: The 2ND Red ARC Trooper", "The Hunt For Grievous: Clone Trooper Hardcase"

No comments:

Post a Comment