Saturday 15 October 2011

Hasbro New-York Comic-Con 2011 Reveals

Here is a post stating my thoughts on all the 'new' figures shown at New-York Comic-Con!

Wave 1: I look forward to this wave! I already have Plo Koon and the Aqua Droid, so I'll pass on those two. I will also pass on that new Anakin Skywalker, because while the 2011 CW45 one has it's faults, I feel I don't need to purchase a figure which is just a re-tool of it. I will however, pick up the two new Clones. Cody sports the SA Stone sculpt, which is the Stone sculpt WITH ankle articulation. The detail on him is fantastic, and I'm extremely hoping to get him. The Phase 2 Clone is the normal Stone sculpt, which is disappointing but what can you do? I like the generic one, and I also hope to get him at some point. Random note: This wave is released 30th of January, which just happens to be the date of my birthday :)

Wave 2: While it is great that Aayla Secura is being re-packed for those who missed her before, I personally already have Aayla so I will pass on her. I will also pass on this Obi-Wan, as I consider the current season 3 outfit Obi-Wan to be good enough for me. Like the previous wave, I will purchase the two clones of the wave. Phase 2 Rex has nice detail, and is a worthy Clone figure. I just hope that the reports that he has a non-removable helmet are not true, as there is NO excuse why Rex should NOT come with a removable helmet. Boss looks absolutely superb, and is anything but your usual Clone.

Out of the stated 19 figures for 2012, 14 (including re-pack wave/waves) were revealed at New-York, so that leaves only 5 figures for 2-3 Fall waves. Mhmm...

Republic Troopers: I really look forward to this battle pack. Aside from "Defend Kamino", it is the only 3-figure battle pack where all three figures are new. Cutup looks nice, and it would be nice to give Cadet Hevy some company, so I hope to get Cutup. Hardcase would go well with the Jesse and Kix figures, and while he has a pretty basic paint-scheme, Hasbro have done it well. Hardcase has the Stone sculpt, like Jesse and Kix. The real prize, is the Bomb Squad Clone. Many fans have been wanting a Bomb Squad Clone since their only appearance, so it is great for fans that Hasbro have finally released one. Really nice paint-job Hasbro have done. Only problem is the Stone sculpt, but that's to be expected. This is a bit of a random battle pack, as in they just decided to make three random Clone figures, amd put them together. I would have liked to see Comet and a Wolfpack Clone here, but oh well. Maybe later in the line...

What was your opinions on what Hasbro showed and told us Clone Wars fans?

2 comments:

  1. Rex's rangefinder looks weird, whats up with it?
    Boss looks pretty Boss, and the Republic Troopers pack looks amazing; I need Cutup and Hardcase (and Jesse) but the funny thing is is that I don't really seem as excited for the bomb squad trooper as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole phase II Rex figure looks weird so far. Hopefully will look better in carded pics, but with the jetpack Rex sculpt, that's not likely.

    I think a reason I'm really excited about the Bomb Squad is that he must be the most re-painted Clone they have made, he looks cool, and most fans had given up hope on Hasbro making him.

    ReplyDelete