Friday 11 November 2011

New Upcoming January 2012 Figures

Here are my thoughts on the three new figures coming in January, 2012!

1. Anakin Skywalker:
There will be a new Anakin Skywalker figure released next here. This is a re-tool of the CW45 figure, but without any updated articulation, which really was the only reason I might have gotten another season 3 outfit Anakin. The changes between this and CW45 are a fabric skirt, new right arm and updated face sculpt. Another chance is the accessories, a weird Hasbro invented blue accessory (don't know what it is supposed to be) and his lightsaber. I won't be picking this one up, I just don't need another Anakin in this outfit. If they made Anakin in his scuba gear, I'd buy, but not this...

2. Clone Trooper:
The generic clones make a transformation to phase 2 with this figure! I will certainly be trying to get this one. I have grown to prefer the phase 2 armour, and would love a generic Clone in that armour. I believe this figure features a new sculpt, that is similar in design to the Stone sculpt, but with different elbows at least. I don't believe he has ankle articulation, but it is Hasbro, what do you expect? Accessories included are a DC-15 blaster, DC-15 blaster rifle and a pretty cool looking jetpack, with two launchers for playability. I look forward to this one being released, and I hope to get it.

3. Clone Commander Cody:
This is another Clone now in phase 2 that I really want to get! The detail on this Cody is superb, and in my opinion, this is the best Cody Hasbro has ever made! I believe this Cody has ankle articulation, which may be incorrect, as this Cody uses the same sculpt as the generic phase 2 Clone. That helmet detail is superb, and one of the best designed helmets in the line. Accessories are a removable helmet, DC-15 blaster rifle, that ridicuolous propulsion pack and a new accessory, which is possibly Hasbro invented, and I don't know what it is supposed to be (very small). This is one of my most anticapated figures in the line, and I really hope to add this to my collection!

Ratings (so far):
Anakin: 7/10
Clone Trooper: 9/10
Commander Cody 10/10

Packaging: As for my opinion on the packaging. I actually quite like it, it adds a different side to the packaging variants used in the line. My only criticism of it is that it doesn't have a Clone Wars feel, with the picture being realisic and all. Poor  marketing decision by Hasbro...

No comments:

Post a Comment