Wednesday 29 June 2011

New Upcoming Geonosis ARF Trooper

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the upcoming Geonosis ARF Trooper included in the "Assault For Geonosis" battle pack that will come out later this year!
This figure is a decent addition to a collection of ARF Troopers or to any figures from the Geonosis saga in season 2. These Clone's appeared in the episode "Landing At Point Rain" in which they played a important role. I like my Clone's and especially any ARF Troopers which are my favourite type of Clone's, but I feel this figure is a bit bland and that the markings arn't that exciting. The only yellow markings on him are on both hands, both shoulders and a slight yellow line across part of his chest. One of the reasons I really liked the ARF Trooper Waxer was because the yellow on him, made him stand out and he looked really good because of that. He has a similarity to Boil, in that he has a triangle shape on the top of his visor, but by the looks of it, it is a different colour to Boil's. This figure comes with a DC-15 blaster in the battle pack (As pictured above). I currently rate this figure at 6/10, I may love the Clone figures but this one really is bland and not that exciting.

Trivia: Collectors and others alike have been debating whether this ARF is Trapper or a generic (Normal one)! I can CONFIRM that it is a generic one, or at least meant to be a generic one. The card for this figure in the battle pack labels it simply as "ARF Trooper" as if it was Trapper it would label him as "ARF Trooper Trapper". Coincidentally, Trapper and the generic troopers share the same markings so this figure can be used as Trapper if you want, but it is meant to be a generic Geonosis ARF Trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment