Friday 3 June 2011

New Upcoming 2011 Wave 6 Figures

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the five figures that will come out in wave 6 of 2011.

CW58 Even Piell: This is a very nice new Jedi figure! Hasbro have got him really accurate to his appearance in the Citadel trilogy. I was kind of worried they might get the colour of his scar wrong like they did with Wolffe but no, they got the scar spot on. This figure is really well sculpted as well. The accessories included are his lightsaber and a bacpack with zipline. I much prefer that they did the zipline/backpack accessory over the usual Jedi jetpack or a bodybag that Piell was in , briefly in Citadel Rescue. Right now, I rate this figure at 9/10 but my thoughts could change!

CW59 Savage Opress (Armoured): Another great Savage Opress figure that is coming out! This is much better than thre shirtless version however and I much prefer this one. This one is so spectacular, i'm not bothered by the lack of ankle articulation! A difference between this and the shirtless version (Other than different outfits and other weapons) is that this Savage has no expression on his face which I think suits this Savage Opress figure well. The shoulder pads look great on Savage. Savage Opress also comes with a double bladed red lightsaber, similar to the one his brother Darth Maul uses. Right now, I rate this figure at 10/10 but my thoughts could change!


CW63 Chewbacca: YAY!!! This is one of my favourite characters in Star Wars so to see him released in the Clone Wars line so fast is excellent for me! The whole sculpting from top to bottom is very nice and extremely accurate and I love it. The head mold is excellent as well. The thing going diagonolly across his chest is very accurate as well. Chewbacca or "Chewie" made his debut in the episode "Wookiee Hunt". The design of the bowcaster is great as well. Right now, I rate this figure at 10/10 but my thoughts could change!


CW64 R7-D4: *Sighs* Why do Hasbro keep going with these cheap Astromech Droid re-paints? They waste space that could be taken up by good Clones, Jedi, Separatists etc, YET Hasbro keep at it with lame Astromech Droid re-paints! And still keep the price of them to high, if they were say 3£, 3$ etc. I could understand the constantness, but otherwise they are a waste of space. While this one "R7-D4" sports a 'newer' sculpt, he still looks terrible. I rate this figure at 2/10 as I find the constantness of Astromech Droids really annoying and unless Hasbro lower the prices on Astromechs, I will get really *Censors Words* if they keep making these lame figures!

CW65 Jar-Jar Binks (Re-pack): This Jar-Jar figure is a straight re-pack of the one that came out in 2008. It is a pretty decent figure but nothing special or even that interesting in it. He comes with a Jedi robe like seen in "Bombad Jedi". Most people will probably give the robe to a actual Jedi figure, I know I will. The head mold on Jar-Jar is very accurate and well done by Hasbro. Right now, I rate this figure at 5/10 but my thoughts could change!

No comments:

Post a Comment