Saturday 20 August 2011

Hasbro Possible To Make Clone Wars Figures no.1

Ok, this is the start of that thing I'm posting as Star Wars Clone Wars Basic Action Figures, where I pick characters (Sometimes with the fans choices) and some of my own at times. I mention what acessories they could come with, what articulation they might have. I'm sure you get the picture by now :)

So, without further ado, let's begin with the first five choices! Feel free to comment on that page when I post this, on whether you agree or disagree with  me. Plus, the most vital part, send in new suggestions!:

1. Captain Tarkin:
Tarkin would be an interesting figure, provided he is done right. Detail wise, he would be a kit-bash body of the 2009 Admiral Yularen figure. I can't remember which, but I know either Tarkin is smaller than Yularen or vice-versa, so the body would need to be a different size. The face should be an all-new sculpt, which would be a nice addition. Articulation would probably be the exact same as Yularen, without any added articulation. Acessories could be any of: E-11 Droid Blaster, any Clone weapon, most likely DC-17 hand pistol like Yularen had. Maybe, due to the size of the new packaging for big acessories, it could include the same hologram table as Yularen, with a hologram, possibly of Even Piell, to go with it. A basic-figure release would be nice, but a mini-rig release could also be possible so Hasbro only need to include one gun.

2. Garnac
Garnac would have to be an all-new figure should he get a release, as his model is considerably different to that of Bossk. Detail on him should be done wll, to make him look considerably unique. A nice detail would be the harder horns included on the Savage Opress figures, as collectors like me prefer that horn sculpt. Articulation should be fairly good if they release him. I'd expect Hasbro to come out with everything except ankle, with the knee style articulation that either Cad Bane or Anakin Skywalker have, which would be good enough for me. Acessories, one could be a re-pack of that Trandoshan Shotgun in the CW63 Chewbacca figure. Maybe a knife, the one he tried to kill Ahsoka with, possible to fit in a holster. Maybe a Trandoshan Sniper Rifle as well would be a useful weapon. If Garnac was to get made, I'd say twice. Once in the basic line, followed by a mini-rig release with one of those hunting pods.

3. Clone Captain Keeli
Captain Keeli if made, would appear in either the original or Stone mold. I suspect they would make him in the original purely because he strikes me as a figure who would be a kit-bash/re-paint of the Clone Commander Wolffe figure, and is very similar. The detail would need to be very good, as Keeli has some very good, and very hard-to-do markings on him, especially his helmet design. Articulation wise, it would either be in either of those two molds I mentioned, and we both know what they look, and are like, so no need to say how fairly articulated he could be. Acessories wise, he would have to come with his two DC-17 blasters pistols, of course. Then most likely it will be the same as Wolffe's accesories, DC-15 blaster and rocket launcher, or maybe two DC-15 blaster rifles, like the ARF Trooper (Kamino) Maybe a new type of acessory if we're lucky, but probably just the usual Clone ones. I would see Keeli being very likely to get a spot in the basic line. Otherwise, maybe a battlepack with two of his legions regular troopers. I can't see a two-pack with Master Di hapenning, as Hasbro are adamant they will not release Di.
4. Osi Sobeck
Osi Sobeck would have to be all-new, being a new species to the show and all. Detail wise, I expect Sobeck to have a flexible head, so you can turn it well to look in whatever way you choose. I want him to have an evil smile on him, as pictured above, as it is very key to the character's personality. Articulation wise, I feel it could be alright, but not fairly good or perfect. I'd say we get knees, but only the knees on the season 3 Obi-Wan, which arn't that great, though I wish for the Anakin or Bane ones. Accessory wise, there's not a lot really. A Droid E-11 blaster like he used would be enough to get him into the mini-rig line. But I don't see a lot of hope for him in the basic line, unless they packed in several E-11 blasters. I honestly see Sobeck getting a place in the mini-rig line, packed in with another Stap, but at least people would want it this time. I just don't see him getting into the basic line, as there really is no other accessories, unless Hasbro invent their own, or use that pathetic speederboard, especially due to the newer, more acessory based packaging.
5. Satine Kryze
Satine would either have to be an all-new figures, or for some part, a kit-bash of the 2009 Padme Amidala. Detail wise, I think the character has the perfect detail for a figure, and I'm really gutted if Hasbro really don't ever make at least one variation of her, at least in the adventure gear pictured above. Articulation wise, I can see if she gets made, it being very similar if not exactly the same to the 2009 Padme, with or without ankle, I still think the knees of that Padme would be good enough to make this figure have enough decent articulation. Acessory wise, I would like to see her deactivator, which is around the size, but slightly smaller than that of Padme's pistol. Another acessory might be a hologram showing. You know, the thing that Anakin and that Protocol Droid held in Voyage of Temptation, the thing with the senate stamp. A possible acessory could be a cloak, the one she uses while on the run in Duchess of Mandalore, which would be sweet. Jar-Jar's figure has a cloak, so why not? Another possible one is that bulky thing Padme's 2009 one comes with, which I don't like anyway. If there is any chance of Satine appearing, which is already almost impossible, then perhaps a basic figure release would be the best bet.

PS: I know Hasbro are repeatedly saying we won't see Satine, but, if we push them enough they might just cave in and make her!

1 comment:

  1. I would buy each and every one of these figures, no matter what accessories they come with.

    ReplyDelete